Monday 9 February 2009

A Grave.


The words etch into me, a chill is forced down my spine,
Unknown – Poet and writer 1985-2059
whose grave, my grave, obituary- ‘went out without much glory,
Art is Long, Life is Short, each day her life same story’


Not even a name, not even a birthplace shown,
Just a date, a dull, insignificant, unknown
No flowers, just the arctic frigid mark of two, size nine,
Bitter, frostbitten acknowledged, a sigh, there mine


In small letters below, words were wrote
‘There are only two ways to live your life’ an Albert Einstein quote,
The subject soundless, quiet, blameless,
But unidentified, indefinite, nameless

I take a stone, and scratch…Donna Louise, poet and writer, giving,
Born 1985-still living,
Obituary a ‘C.S Lewis’ quote only when deceased
‘100% of us die, and that percentage cannot be increased’

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a 23 year old Girl, from England. I enjoy writing poetry, and causing Confusion! "something really right on the outside, but really wrong on the inside" Vibrant and Feisty.